Sunday, July 5, 2009

A new beginning...



It is said that it is darkest before dawn. I've never really thought about how true that is until i got a first-hand experience myself. Life was fast becoming an obstacle race of sorts and i had this nagging suspicion that i was losing out....choices of great import in both personal and profession life loomed large before me. Everyday seemed to begin with yet another array of menacing questions, self-doubts and anxious moments. I was see-sawing between hope and despair on an hourly basis. During those dark days there were several things that kept me from losing my grip over reality. But it was primarily my interest in painting that kept me afloat....it made me relax effortlessly;thoughts simply took shape and colours and flowed onto the canvas. for atleast a space of 6 months i lived life through the medium of art. I owe a lot to art ....painting literally and metaphorically gave me a new lease of life!
It took me so long to update my blog but today i make a new post with an extremely happy frame of mind. I have been painting a lot lately and last day somebody very dear to me remarked that i've started to evolve a unique style of own....well my little cup of happiness is full. And now more than ever i feel the strength that drives me forward....God works in mysterious ways and during those dark days it was this god-given gift of painting that acted like a beacon drawing me to the traquil shores of hope and happiness...away from the storm tossed 'sea of troubles'!

I wish to share some of those works that i made during the last few months...

There are stories behind all these paintings...about that later...till then take care 'n keep smiling!!


4 comments:

Anita Jeyan said...

Your own testimonial to the art in u! Truly gifted!

Anonymous said...

this pattern is good.
i guess the artistic thoughts will again mature to express in another way in future art.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Congratulation for cracking IAS - OMPRAKASH